Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get to Skyline College Bookstore or Campus?
- What are the Bookstore's refund policies?
- What forms of payment are accepted at Skyline College Bookstore?
- How much is shipping for online or phone orders?
- Do I get charged tax on my online orders?
- How often are book buy backs?
- I have questions about online ordering, where can I find the answers?
How do I get to Skyline College Bookstore or Campus?
Skyline College is located in San Bruno, CASkyline College
3300 College Drive
San Bruno, CA 94066
Skyline College Campus Map
What are the Bookstore's refund policies?
For information on our refund policies, please visit the Skyline College Bookstore refund policy
What forms of payment are accepted at Skyline College Bookstore?
Cash (U.S. currency) is always accepted at the Bookstore.
Note: PLEASE DO NOT MAIL CASH TO PAY FOR WEB ORDERS.
Personal, Cashiers' & Travelers' Checks
Each check must meet the following requirements:
- be made payable to Skyline College Bookstore
- bear the current date
- bear the name and address of the bank printed on the check
- bear the account number at the bank
- bear your name and address on the check
- bear the verifiable signature of the presenter
- drawn on U.S. funds from a U.S. bank
- Current SMCCD student ID is required for all purchases paid with a check. In addition, we require a valid California ID, California driver's license, military ID or passport for verification of identity.
Unfortunately, the Bookstore does not accept:
- Starter, out of state or business checks.
- Checks for computers, laptops, or electronics.
- Checks for an amount greater than $500.
The bookstore reserves the right to refuse any check, for any reason.
Customers with checks returned to the Bookstore by the bank as unpaid will be assessed a $20 returned check fee. Additionally, a hold will be placed on your school records until the debt to the bookstore has been paid. Outstanding debts to the Bookstore will be sent to collections.
We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. A valid California ID, California driver's license, military ID or passport is required for verification of identity.
Discover, MasterCard and Visa cardholders who allow a student to use their credit card for purchases at the bookstore must provide a signed note allowing the student to use their credit card. Unfortunately due to American Express policies, this privilege is not available to American Express cardholders.
The only debit cards that are accepted are those linked to a checking account and can be used as credit card without a pin number.
Customers will be allowed to pay for their purchases with a financial aid account provided that the proper paperwork is received at the bookstore and authorization is given. A valid SMCCD student ID, California ID, California driver's license, military ID or passport may be required for verification of identity.
How much is shipping for online or phone orders?
Standard ground shipping charges for internet orders are calculated as follows:
$5.50 base fee + $2.00 per item
Do I get charged tax on my online orders?
Sales tax will be assessed on all taxable merchandise billed or shipped to any location in the State of California.
Please note: These shipping charges are for orders shipped and billed to Continental 48 states only. Please contact the bookstore for shipping charges to Hawaii & Alaska.
How often are book buy backs?
During the Fall and Spring semesters, book buy backs are during the first 3 days at the beginning of the semester and during Finals Week at the end of the semester. Book buy back days and times vary during the summer semester.
I have questions about online ordering, where can I find the answers?
If you have additional questions regarding online ordering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org